Winning the Future through the selection of Engineering Colleges!
Engineering is one of the most popular and sought-after degrees in India and around the world along with the medical profession. It is a very popular choice of degree for students in India. Although engineering is challenging, it’s an extremely rewarding profession because it is intellectually stimulating, offers good career prospects, and has reputed social status.
India has some of the best engineering colleges, like the IIT, VIT, NIT, and Bits Pilani, among others, and engineering colleges in India offer degrees to students at diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate, and PhD levels. Currently, with the rapid technological advancement in society, B.Tech (UG Engineering Course) is one of the most desirable courses in the science stream. Every year, lakhs of engineers pass out of colleges situated all over India. Indian engineers are in demand not only from the local job market but also from leading global corporations (MNCs) because of their English-speaking capabilities and their ability to fit into their workforce effectively.
It is estimated that India has more than 4000 engineering colleges, including both government-funded and privately funded institutes. To get admission to well-reputed engineering colleges, aspirants have to qualify for the numerous entrance exams held at the state, national, and university levels. Entrance exams like the JEE Mains, VITEEE, SRMJEE, and BITSAT, among others, are some of the engineering exams that can help students get into their dream colleges or top-ranking institutes for a better future.
Of course, proper ranking and accreditation of a college or university determine certain factors that help the student choose a certain institute and prepare themselves arduously to get into it. The ranking of engineering colleges is indeed a crucial factor for aspiring students who seek quality education in the field of engineering.
- Ranking & Accreditation (NAAC, AICTE, NIRF…)
- Maintaining academic excellence
- Experienced and motivating faculty
- Strong Alumni Network
- Hi-tech laboratory facilities for research
- Smart Classrooms
- Placement & Internship opportunities
- Excellent Library with audio visual facilities
- MoUs and tie-ups with leading universities worldwide
– Study Abroad Programs
- Student Diversity and Inclusivity
- 24 X 7 Wi-Fi facility and well equipped computer labs
- Opportunities for extracurricular activities
- AC/ non–AC hostel facilities separate for boys and girls inside the campus
The following measures should take place for the selection of engineering college by students and their families:
- Choosing the engineering stream that matches the level of your interest
- Create a checklist of colleges and narrow down your search based on your location, cost, accreditation, and engineering branch, among others
- Prepare diligently for engineering entrance exams
- Evaluate your priorities before selecting a college
- Check for eligibility for scholarship and financial aid
- Take a campus tour to understand the culture of the college
- Get proper scores to get into your dream college and courses
- Prepare effectively for counselling
Based on the above-mentioned factors, students must finalize the college and the engineering program that match their level of interest. It is mandatory that students start researching their dream engineering college and courses right from the time they enter senior high school (11th and 12th grades). With India being a vast country consisting of numerous engineering colleges and entrance examinations, it is advisable that every student be proactive in securing his or her position in engineering colleges that not only offer excellent placements but also work towards the holistic development of students.